In April Alan Gilbert and the New York Philharmonic bring signature programs and projects to the birthplace of symphonic music. Here are some highlights of EUROPE / SPRING 2015:
- The first return to Dublin in 19 years;
- The Orchestra's second residency as an International Associate of London's Barbican Centre, featuring the Giants Are Small staging of Stravinsky's Petrushka (in which the musicians get into the action);
- The Orchestra's first time playing in the newly opened Philharmonie in Paris.
- A performance of highlights from CONTACT!, the new-music series;
- Cornerstone education projects, including a performance of music by Very Young Composers of New York and London;
- Performances of Esa-Pekka Salonen’s Nyx in London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Paris, and Cologne;
- The World Premiere of Senza sangue, Peter Eötvös’s new opera, co-commissioned by the Philharmonic.
Check back after April 17 to join the tour virtually through photos and videos on nyphil.org/europespring2015!
Credit Suisse is the Exclusive Tour Sponsor of the New York Philharmonic.
The EUROPE / SPRING 2015 tour is made possible, in part, by contributions from major underwriters Didi and Oscar Schafer, Daria L. and Eric J. Wallach, and the Mary and James G. Wallach Family Foundation, and underwriters Harold Mitchell, AC, Joan and Joel I. Picket, Phoebe and Bobby Tudor, and the New York Philharmonic's International Advisory Board.